Mission: To provide comprehensive mass spectrometry support in an open learning environment.
- 100% Analysis by MSREC
- MSREC prepares the samples, runs the samples, performs bioinformatics, statistics etc
- Co-Project Analysis
- Student or post-doc has some level of involment.
- Flexible on the student contribution
- 100% Student run
- After training the student or post-doc acquires all their data independently and process their own data.
- Of course we are here to help as needed!
MSREC Welcomes our newest member Dr Cecilia Silva-Sanchez!
MSREC Congratulates Dr Jodie Johnson on his retirement after 43 years! And on Receiving the 2023 ASMS Al Yergey MS Scientist Award!
We are sad to say “see ya later” to Dr Jodie Johnson as he enters his retirement years. He has been in the area of mass spectrometry since 1980 and since then has an extensive list of presentations and publications in a vast area of research (plant extracts, lipids, metabolites). He has 3 patents and was part of developing SRM and neutral loss scanning on quadrupoles. He has 56 publications and presented 120 times; 26 times invited. One might never know as he is very humble and does not discuss his substantial contributions. He has taught short courses since 1988 on topics including MS/MS, LC-MS, ion trap mass spectrometry, quadrupole mass spectrometry, GC-MS, and liquid chromatography. He has taught these workshops at ASMS, The Pittsburgh Conference and all over Europe. Dr. Johnson has likely taught over 1,000 students through workshops. Beyond the workshops, Dr. Johnson also has hundreds and hundreds of interactions with students at University of Florida that pass through MSREC. His love for training graduate students in chromatography and MS is evident everyday. He shows genuine interest and patience with each student that crosses his path. His impact on the development of new MS researchers is unmatched by someone as a research scientist. We will miss him!!!
Welcome to the University of Florida Department of Chemistry Mass Spectrometry Research and Education Center.
Our goal is to provide a valuable resource to complex research needs through access to a wide variety of mass spectrometry instruments, bioinformatic tools and highly trained staff. We offer both routine services and advanced research based projects. Please contact Dr. Basso (fkn Kari. B Green-Church) for information on samples or projects. We look forward to serving your mass spectrometry needs. A list of just some of our services is described below. See MSREC Services for more detailed information.
- Accurate Mass
- Analysis of Intact Large Biomolecules
- Modification Analysis (PTM, mutations etc)
- Shotgun Analysis
- Protein Complex (IP)
- Label Free Quantitation
- TMT Labeling
- Targeted Proteomics
- Discovery Proteomics
- Targeted Metabolomics
- Discovery Metabolomics
- LC-MS and LC-MS/MS
- Polymer Analysis
- Training/Self Operation
- Sample Preparation
- MSREC is now offering TMT Labeling for advanced quantitative proteomics!
- Introducing ion-mobility capabilities!! MSREC has received NIH funding from the S10 High End Instrumentation program (NIH 1S10OD030250-01A1) to purchase a Bruker timsTOF Pro2 trapped ion mobility quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometer with parallel accumulation serial fragmentation (PASEF) for 4D Omics!
The Autoflex MALDI and Agilent TOF are all available for self operation after training.