Submitting Samples and Rates
Instructions for Submitting Samples to the Mass Spectrometry Facility
- If you do now know what kind of service you need please contact Dr. Kari Basso .
- Download/save to fill out a service request form (please type the information directly into the form): To type directly into the form you can save the file and when you open it in Adobe Reader you should have the ability to type in the forms. Or you can open it from the web using Adobe Acrobat Pro and type in directly.
- ON CAMPUS Please download/save if you are affiliated with University of Florida.
- OFF CAMPUS Please download/save if you are an Off-Campus user.
- SELF OP FORM Please download if you are a Self-OP user.
- If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader software, click here to download it for free, and follow Adobe’s installation instructions.
- If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro you have the ability to insert your structure directly as a image (jpeg tiff etc). Save your Chem Draw as an image file. Open the form in Acrobat Pro and under the Edit tab select Edit Text & Images. Under Content Editing chose Add Image and follow the guidance in choosing the image to insert. If you only have Adobe Reader you will be able to type in the form fields but not insert an image. You will need to attach your image on a separate sheet.
- Please fill the form out completely and with as much information as possible about your sample. You may use one form for several samples submitted at the same time if you prefer. After you fill it out, you can save the file by selecting “File”, “Save As”.
- Print the form when you are done.
- Bring the printed form and the sample(s) to the UF Chemistry Laboratory Building (CLB), room 101, between 9 am and 4 pm weekdays.
- If you are mailing the samples, please use Fed-Ex or UPS as a carrier and ship the form and samples to:
Dr. Kari Basso
1680 Union Rd
126 Sisler Hall/Department of Chemistry
Gainesville FL 32611
- All data is stored electronically. We will email results to you.
- Samples will be discarded unless requested to return.
- Please read
*Rush Charges are 3 x standard published rates
Molecular Weight/Chemical Formula Determination
Ultra-high resolution accurate mass (Impact)
|$45||$55||$135||Sub-ppm accuracy. MS/MS for structure determination. Can be used with Smart Formula to identify molecular formula for true unknowns.|
|Nominal mass or molecular formula matching (Agilent, MALDI)||Sample||$35||$45||$105||Molecular formula matching to predicted molecular formula to within 10 ppm (Agilent, MALDI) or nominal mass MS/MS (LTQ-XL)|
GC-MS Method Development
|Project||$150||$185||$450||Method development for GC-MS projects using standards.|
|GC-MS or DIP||Injection||$30||$40||$90||Standard GC-MS|
|GC-MS > 10 samples||Injection||$25||$30||$60||Bulk rate for higher-throughput projects|
|LC-MS method development||Project||$350||$420||$700||Method development for LC-MS projects using standards.|
|Low resolution LC-MS (LTQ)||Injection||$60||$70||$180||LC-MS or LC-MS/MS on the LTQ-XL with a standard gradient. SIM scan, full scan, data-dependent scans available on the LTQ-XL. 2.1 mm column recommended|
Low resolution LC-MS > 10 samples (LTQ)
Bulk rate for higher-throughput projects.
Medium Resolution LC-MS (Agilent TOF)
|Injection||$80||$100||$240||Medium resolution (15,000 – 20,000) on the TOF. UV detection availalbe.|
|Medium Resolution LC-MS > 10 samples (Aglient TOF)||Injection||$60||$70||$180||Bulk rate for higher-throughput projects.|
|Ultra-High resolution LC-MS (Impact, Orbitrap)||Injection||$120||$175||$360||Ultra-high resolution (less than 2 ppm mass accuracy) capillary flow LC-MS (300 um column 5 ul/min flow rate). Nano-flow is available.|
|Ultra-High resolution LC-MS (Impact) > 10 samples||Injection||$100||$150||$300||Bulk rate for higher-throughput projects.|
Data Analysis and Bioinformatics Metaboscape 4.0 Simlipid
|Project||$200||$300||$600||Quantitative Analysis including PCA, volcano, t-tests.|
|Training/Staff Time||Hour||$35||$45||$105||Training, sample prep, complex data processing, bioinformatics.|
|Self-operation MALDI||Hour||$15||$18||$45||Requires training. Billed at 30 minute minimum.|
|Self-Operation Flow injection on Agilent or QTOF||Hour||$75||$85||$150||Requires training. Billed at 30 minute minimum.|
|1D SDS PAGE and coomassie stain||10 well Gel||$60||$70||$180||1D-SDS PAGE, up to 12 samples per gel. Standard coomassie stain.|
|Albumin removal/phosphopeptide enrichment||Sample||$50||$65||$150||Sample preparation|
|Cell lysis/protein/lipid/metabolite extraction||Sample||$50||$65||$150||Sample preparation|
|Total Protein quantitation (Qubit) or total Lipid SPVA||Project||$75||$90||$225||Sample preparation|
|Standard Protein Sequencing (solution or gel band)||Sample||$120||$150||$360||Includes enzyme digestion, LC-MS/MS on QE Exactive and bioinformatics.|
|Standard Protein Sequencing > 10 samples||Sample||$100||$120||$300||Bulk rate for higher-throughput projects.|
PTM or quantitative analysis (in addition to LC-MS charge)
Proteome Discoverer or Scaffold
|Sample||$200||$300||$600||In-depth bioinformatic analysis to determine protein modifications or protein quantitation.|
|Complex Protein Sequencing (whole cell lysates)||Sample||$190||$230||$570||Digestion, LC-MS/MS and bioinformatics 2 – 5 hour gradient on the QE|
|Complex Protein Sequencing > 10 samples||Sample||$150||$180||$450||Bulk rate for higher-throughput projects.|
|Additional enzyme digestion (chymotrypsin, AspN, etc)||Sample||$50||$60||$150||Additional enzyme digestion beyond the one included in the standard protein ID.|
* Rush charges are 3x standard published rates.